Map option in osd?

Hi, I’m building open HD and have a test setup working.
I have video, full osd telemetry and bi directional telemetry to mission planner working as it should (with a question on its connection) but I have seen that there is an option to display a map in open hd’s osd, does that option work and if so what steps are required to have a working map please?

My other question, about mission planners connection is regarding TCP/UDP.

I can ping my ground Pi’s ip just fine but I cannot connect though mission planner using TCP, It fails every time but I can connect via UDP and everything works as it should.

I googled the difference between TCP and UDP and know about the error checking and correction of TCP vs no checks but a faster connection with UDP but is it really a concern?

I won’t be flying using open HD for rc control and will be running a separate rx and only using open HD for video, osd and the bi directional connection to mission planner.

Is it OK to stick with UDP or should I troubleshoot the TCP problem?

Thanks, Steve.

Turn on the map by going to the widget options menu.

I know how to turn the option on, I said that I’d seen the option in the osd settings, my question was how to make it work, turning the option on just displays a blank tile with no map on it.

You need to run the app on a device with a data connection to the internet.

Is it an option to download the map and use off-line or just the stored map used before?

As of now there is no option for offline map tile download.